The Healthwatch England Research and Insight team analyses people's experience of care to inform our national reports, but they also offer advice, networking and learning opportunities to support you with your research skills and projects.
How can we help you?
Advice and Support
Online clinics - You can book a slot with the research helpdesk to talk through your research and any questions you may have about the research process.
- Peer reviews - We can undertake two peer reviews of any research project you are doing per year. Our friendly team are happy to provide you with feedback and pointers on your project proposals, research methodologies or report writing.
- Information requests - If you would like information about a particular research topic and want to know what has been done before within the network, we can provide example local Healthwatch projects.
- Research guidance materials - We have created a range of helpful research guidance materials to support you through the research process.
- National Healthwatch England project queries - We can provide information, advice and guidance about national projects that Healthwatch England are leading on.
The Intelligence and Informatics Reference Group is made up of local Healthwatch staff who are interested in research and sharing good practice. The group is an opportunity for you to learn how we can support you and about the products we create. If you are interested in attending these meetings and becoming a member, please get in touch.
Sharing with Healthwatch England
- Data sharing - We support you with how your data is used to inform our national work. The network has a legal obligation to share this information with Healthwatch England.
- National Reports Library support - We maintain the National Reports Library and would like to support the network to share their reports and upload their own. Together, we can create a rich data source for the public and the network to use.
Skills sharing and development
We deliver several research webinars covering a range of research skills, including research planning and data analysis. Keep an eye out for them on the training and events page or contact Hollie Pope, Programme Events Manager, for more information.
Meet the team
We have expertise in all areas of engagement and research and work hard to support you with your research queries.
Sue Edwards – Intelligence and Research Manager
Sue has been at Healthwatch England since July 2019. Previously, she had worked for Citizens Advice, as an adviser and policy researcher. She has undertaken research on a wide variety of consumer, financial services and benefit issues, including on gambling-related harm and the impact of lending and debt collection practices on people’s mental health. Sue is happy to help with any research issues.
Amrita Bose – Senior Research Analyst
Before joining Healthwatch England in May 2019, Amrita was working in academia, undertaking both clinical and non-clinical cancer research studies. She is a dental graduate with a PhD in cancer genetics and has experience of conducting seminars and teaching sessions. Amrita has a keen interest in projects looking into primary and secondary care services but is happy to help with any healthcare-related project.
Lily Groom – Research and Insight Co-ordinator
Lily joined Healthwatch England in November 2020, after graduating with a degree in Psychology, focusing on child and adolescent mental health and development. Her research ranged from environmental psychology to the representation of women in the sciences. She has previously worked for Cancer Research UK and as a freelance copywriter. Lily is happy to help with any research projects and queries you might have.
Euan Ross – Research and Insight Co-ordinator
Euan joined Healthwatch England in December 2020, after completing an internship at the United Nations Regional Information Centre in Brussels. He carried out research into Western Europe’s handling of the COVID-19 crisis as well as COVID-related misinformation circulating across social media. Euan holds a degree in History and is happy to help across a range of research projects.