About this event
This participative event by the Diversity Trust will introduce you to key EDI areas for your Healthwatch to consider. There will be a simple pre course questionnaire to help you consider where you are at in your approach to EDI, as well as some follow up. The session is part of your ongoing EDI journey, rather than standalone training.
Who is the event for?
Healthwatch staff and board members with a responsibility for, or interest in equality, diversity and inclusion.
What will you learn?
The course will cover:
- The Equality Act - understanding of the legislation and what good practice looks like
- Implications for the work of local Healthwatch
- How local Healthwatch can adhere to the spirit, not just the letter of the legislation
- Structural/institutional racism in health and social care (mortality, morbidity, patient satisfaction, NHS workforce staff survey)
- Using the right words and expressions to challenge unacceptable behaviour
- The complexities involved in knowing communities and understanding culture
- How to begin the process of identifying and selecting appropriate practice approaches
- Knowing what to do when you don’t know
- How to create a local Healthwatch culture and practices that recognise, respect, value and harness difference for the benefit of the organisation, individuals, and local communities
Who is running this event?
The Diversity Trust.