About this event
The Quality Framework aims to provide a shared understanding of the key ingredients for running an effective Healthwatch.
- It has been designed, alongside local Healthwatch, to help you understand where your work is currently effective and where you can make improvements.
- It informs local authorities on how to commission and monitor an effective Healthwatch.
- It enables Healthwatch England to identify where further help is needed by individual Healthwatch and how we can improve the support and training we provide.
This event will be a small interactive session that will cover the background to the Quality Framework, explore the benefits to local Healthwatch, cover learning from the early adopters and discuss the support available to take part.
All participants will receive a one-to-one follow-up call six weeks after the session to discuss their individual support needs.
Who is this event for?
Healthwatch lead officers, managers and board members who will be leading the Quality Framework process for their Healthwatch.
What will you learn?
Delana, our Quality Assurance Manager, will introduce you to the Quality Framework so that you understand:
- What the Quality Framework is, why and how it has been created and why each Healthwatch should do a Quality Framework self-assessment
- The six domains of the Quality Framework
- The benefits of completing the Quality Framework and the best approaches to take to make it work for you
- The support that is available from Healthwatch England
- The top tips for doing the self-assessment based on what local Healthwatch have told us
Delana Lawson, Quality Assurance Programme and Regional Network (North East and Yorkshire) Manager.