About this event
This participative event by the Diversity Trust will help you improve the services you deliver to LGTB+ people and explore good practices for working within the context of EDI. The session will also cover gender awareness and is part of your ongoing EDI journey rather than standalone training.
Who is the event for?
Healthwatch staff and board members with a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. This course will help build on your existing knowledge, expertise, and skills and will be helpful for anyone to build disability awareness knowledge.
What will you learn?
The course will cover:
- An overview of key legislation relevant to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Timeline of LGBT rights in the UK (United Kingdom)
- Law reform, including the current legal framework
- The social climate for LGBT people
- Impact of hate crime and discrimination
- How to build LGBT inclusive organisations
Type of Session:
Small group with active participation.
Who is running this event?
Aaron Barnes, Trans Equality Lead and Community Development, The Diversity Trust