About this event
About the event
This webinar supports you in your role as a Healthwatch Board Member. We will explore:
- Principles of good governance
- Relationship of Board and Chair
- Statutory duties
- Operational and strategic roles
- Holding staff to account
- Strategic planning
- Governance structure
- Effective meetings
- Team working
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Type of event
This event will be a small discussion group.
You will be provided with information to support you in your role, and also have an opportunity to hear from and share your ideas or concerns with your peer group.
Please be prepared to join in the discussion with examples, questions, challenges or successes.
Who is this event for?
This event is for Chairs and board members.
Lead officers are welcome to come along with their Chair or board member.
What will you learn?
The topics will be wide ranging and include:
- Clarity on your role as a Board Member
- Support your contribution
- Help you identify improvements
Who is running this event?
Phil Morgan, Freelance Consultant