Local authorities have a legal duty to commission a local Healthwatch. Our guidance explains the steps you can take to commission an effective Healthwatch service.
About this resource
This guidance is for local authority commissioners of local Healthwatch. It includes:
- The statutory requirements relating to Healthwatch.
- The local authorities' role in commissioning a local Healthwatch for their area.
- Healthwatch England's role and how this relates to both local authorities and local Healthwatch.
- The Healthwatch Quality Framework, which has been developed to underpin effective Healthwatch commissioning and delivery.
- A checklist to support local authorities when developing a tender specification, contract or grant agreement.