What’s in this toolkit?
- An overview of the campaign and how you can get involved
- The social media, press, email marketing and other resources you need to support the launch and run your own local campaign
- The survey in alternative formats
About the ‘Because we all care’ campaign
On the 8 July, in partnership with the Care Quality Commission, we launched ‘Because we all care’. The campaign aims to encourage people using NHS and social care to give feedback on their experiences, to help improve services for everyone.
Public feedback helps NHS and social care services spot what is working and what could be better when it comes to support. With services working to bounce back from the COVID-19 pandemic, people’s views have never been more important.
The public appreciate the work health and care staff have done during the pandemic and want to play their part in helping services ensure patients and service users get the support they need.
Our campaign aims to help the public understand how by sharing their experiences they can help services identify and address issues and improve support for their community.
Who can get involved?
The campaign has been designed so local Healthwatch can use it to:
- Promote feedback as a positive and caring thing that anyone can do
- Encourage people to share views about the local issues your community faces
We also want you to encourage your local NHS and social care services to adopt the campaign, so together we can increase awareness and feedback to help improve services.
What will happen and when?
1-7 July 2020
- Publish partner toolkit
- Call out to health and care partners and stakeholders to either support the launch or adopt the campaign.
8 – 13 July 2020
- National PR and social media launch
- Regional and local press activity to raise awareness
- Social media push
13 July to mid August 2020
- Support for your local campaigns
- Consumer PR
- National social media advertising
- Content focussed on key health and care issues to encourage feedback
20 July – 14 August 2020
- Healthwatch England focus on hospital discharge supported by CQC
17 September - 8 October 2020
- CQC focus on people with long term or invisible health conditions supported by Healthwatch England. Find out more.
- Publication of Healthwatch England report looking at people's experiences of hospital discharge between March and August 2020.
28 October to 25 November 2020
- CQC focus on older people supported by Healthwatch England. Find out more.
12 January - 9 February 2021
- Joint focus on carers. Find out more.
2 - 30 March
- Focus on people with a learning disability and/or autistic people
Here are a range of resources you can use and tailor to:
- Engage your local partners
- Support the launch
- Run your own local campaigns
Key messages and campaign Q&A
The top messages for the campaign are:
- Tell us about your experiences to help improve health and care services for everyone
- By giving your feedback about care, we’ll be able to help improve services for everyone
- All feedback can help improve services. Visit our website to tell us about both your good and bad experiences
Use these Call to actions:
Tell us about your experiences to help improve health and social care services for everyone:
Get your local partners and supporters to back the campaign. Download a template email, which you can send to your council, local NHS and social care services, community groups and other supporters.
You can also share our stakeholder toolkit with partners that want to run their own campaign. You can also thank partners and the public who have supported the campaign so far.
Templates and graphics
You can personalise our campaign materials to support your communications locally. Social media templates, an email header, poster and website banner images are currently available on the Communications Centre. Remember to log-in to view all the available materials.
If you want to create your own resources or graphics for the campaign, the core colours are:
- Purple - #8242e6
- Pink - #ff005c
- Blue - #1cb8eb
- Turquoise - #37beaf
- Navy - #033361
- Pale blue/grey - #edf0fc
Download images to use in your communications from our Flickr library.
- Publish a launch story on your website to tell people about the campaign and how they can get it involved.
- Send the press release to your local media.
- To help raise awareness in your community, why not get partners to support a joint open letter to your local media.
Further support and resources
The network site has several communications guides to help you plan and create your content. Resources that might be useful for this campaign are: