This year’s flu vaccine and COVID-19 boosters will be critical to protecting lives and the NHS.
To ensure there is strong uptake among eligible groups, NHS ENgland and NHS Improvement is running an integrated campaign to highlight the importance of both vaccines.
About the campaign – Boost your immunity this winter
The campaign will launch in early October and will focus on those eligible for the vaccines.
- Adults of 65 years old
- People with long term health conditions
- Pregnant women
- Parents of 2-16-year olds
- 50 – 64 year olds
- Frontline health and social care workers
- Care home residents and staff
- Frontline health and care workers
- People are who are clinically extremely vulnerable
- Adults in at risk groups (16-65 years old)
- Adults over 50 years old
The campaign will run over several phases:
- Announce and motivate – The objective of the first phase is to inform people and will target everyone eligible.
- Persuade – The second phase will aim to reassure and making vaccinations the norm. NHS England and NHS Improvement will be focusing on pregnant women, health and social care workers, people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, those at clinical risk and people with long-term conditions.
- Prompt – The final phase will be based on current uptake rates and will target everyone eligible.
We will update this page as communications resources for later phases become available.
Like the initial roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccine, we can use our relationships and engagement skills to encourage local communities to take up the vaccines, as well as understand their attitudes towards them or any barriers they might face.
Nationally, we will be supporting the campaign on our channels.
Stay up to date on Workplace
With the ever-changing environment it can be hard to keep up. Workplace is a great way to stay up to date and connected with local Healthwatch across the country.
Here you can find:
- The most up to date version of the vaccine FAQ, provided by the Department of Health and Social Care.
- Our latest stakeholder briefing. We update the likes of NHS England and NHS Improvement and the Department of Health and Social Care fortnightly.
- The latest updates on the vaccination roll-out.