About this resource
The importance of local Healthwatch working together is crucial as ICSs develop. Even if you have good informal working relationships, you should start to formalise agreements with other local Healthwatch and ICSs to agree on how you will work together.
The ICS presents local Healthwatch with opportunities and challenges that will require you at times to represent each other, carry out engagement together, collate insight, and influence together. A formal agreement will prevent misunderstanding and ensure everyone has clarity on roles.
What does the collaboration toolkit include?
This toolkit will help you facilitate collaboration between local Healthwatch, in order to work together with your Integrated Care System (ICS), at place and system levels.
Phase one provides advice and tools supporting the preparatory work to build a strong foundation for collaboration.
This phase includes:
- Looking at your own goals in your local Healthwatch.
- Thinking about the challenges you may face in joining a collaboration.
- Reviewing your current level of collaboration with your local Healthwatch neighbours as well as the wider system and organisations.
- Bringing the goals and challenges from each local Healthwatch together to review where they align and how they differ and recognising areas that need further discussion and clarification.
- Agreeing the values and behaviours you use to collaborate together.
- Drafting the vision and mission statement for your collaboration.
Over the coming weeks, we will publish new phases of the toolkit to help you towards a formal agreement. These will look at topics such as managing difficult situations.
If you have a question
If you need help or have concerns please contact your Regional Manager.