It is a legal requirement for every local Healthwatch to produce an annual report. This must be completed and sent to:
- Healthwatch England
- Care Quality Commission
- NHS England
- Any Clinical Commissioning Group that falls within your local authority area
- The Overview and Scrutiny Committee of your local Authority
- The local authority who commission your service
The deadline is 30 June 2021.
The PowerPoint and InDesign template are now available for you to download from the Communications Centre. If you are having trouble accessing the Communications Centre, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Then and now
At Healthwatch it can be difficult to show the impact that we make within one annual year as quite often, the difference that we make does not happen straight away but over a period of time.
The ‘then and now’ section of this year’s annual report has been designed to help you showcase this journey, demonstrating how your work in previous years has contributed to the success of projects this year. This might be a piece of work that you covered in a previous annual report, but which has since resulted in longer-term outcomes.
In the template, there are instruction slides that go into more detail to help you write these sections. If you still have questions, remember that there is a Workplace group specifically for those of you involved in writing this year’s annual report.
As usual, we have provided a template to help you produce your annual report. This year the report features:
- Different sections and which content you are required to complete
- Example text and case studies
- Writing tips, recommended word count and styling suggestions
- Guidance on how to use the template for both PowerPoint and InDesign
For this year’s annual report template, we have come up with three ways to help you visually showcase your work:
A new Flickr album containing all the photos used in the template, along with several photos of individual people from diverse backgrounds.
Updated graphics to reflect topics as a result of the pandemic, including graphics of masks and vaccinations. Access the new graphics on the Communications Centre.
This year we are running two webinars to help you produce your annual report. Book your place today.
How to use the template - Monday 26 April | 10am – 11am
This webinar will focus on:
- How to use the PowerPoint template
- What you should include in your report
- Any questions you have about using the PowerPoint template
How to write with impact – Wednesday 19 May | 11.30am – 12.30pm
This webinar will focus on:
- How to demonstrate impact
- How to write using Healthwatch tone of voice
- How to tell a good story
The deadline to submit your annual report by is Wednesday 30 June 2021.
If you have any problems or concerns meeting this deadline you need to speak to your regional manager as soon as possible.
How do I submit my report?
To submit your report, you simply need to upload your report to the webform linked below