About this guidance
Volunteers are vital to the work that we do. Thousands of people give their time, commitment and energy for their Local Healthwatch to help make a difference to their community.
This resource includes a variety of volunteer role descriptions to help you to recruit volunteers to support your Healthwatch. We have worked with Healthwatch across the country to identify the key volunteer roles and their responsibilities.
We have also included a number of volunteer roles that can be done remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All these descriptions can be adapted to suit your needs.
Role descriptions included
This document contains information about the following role descriptions:
- Online Feedback Collector Volunteer
- Information and Signposting volunteer
- Digital Communications Volunteer/ Social Media Volunteer
- Publications and Document Editor Volunteer
- Enter and View Volunteer
- Virtual Visitor Volunteer
- Board Members/Trustees Advisory Group
- Community Engagement and Outreach Volunteer
- Research Volunteer
- Administration Volunteer
- Healthwatch representation Volunteer
- Healthwatch Champion/Ambassador Volunteer
It also includes the following information to include in your role descriptions:
- The benefits of volunteering
- How much time is involved
- How to apply