Current areas of focus
To help achieve a high performing and sustainable Healthwatch network, we are currently focussing on:
- Demonstrating impact
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Digital, data and insight sharing and protection
- Healthwatch brand and reputation
- Running an effective Healthwatch
Help from our team
- Running your Healthwatch: Contact your Regional Manager for advice on funding and any matters that might affect your reputation or effective service delivery. Each Regional Manager also leads on a specific area of support - Impact, Quality Framework, Regional Campaigns, Collaboration and Volunteering.
- Communications: Contact email@example.com for advice on social media, making the most of your website, engaging with the press, campaigns and email marketing.
- Research: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice on research methodology, questionnaire design, data analysis and report writing.
- Policy: Contact email@example.com for questions about health and social care policy, and advice on using your insight to influence policy decisions.
- CRM: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about using the Healthwatch CRM.
Tools to support you
- Network site: Use this website to find a wealth of resources and guidance, the latest news and upcoming training and events.
- Facebook Workplace: Join our private online community for staff and volunteers to ask questions, share resources and collaborate.
- Communications Centre: Access brand resources and easy to use templates to help you create posters, email headers, graphics, social media cards and other resources.
- Flickr library: Use our photo library of thousands of Healthwatch images to help better communicate your work.
- Reports library: Search our database of Healthwatch reports to find out about the approaches taken by other local Healthwatch on a host of health and care issues.
Opportunities for learning and development
You can now download our calendar of events to see what training, learning and development will be offered for the year ahead and save the date.
April - May | Satisfaction survey
This is an opportunity for you to tell us about the support provided over the past year and how it can be improved.
30 June | Annual report deadline
Each local Healthwatch has to submit their annual report by 30 June.
June - July | Annual survey
Each year we ask every Healthwatch to complete a survey that helps us to maintain our understanding of the Healthwatch network. It includes questions about staff and volunteer numbers, organisational priorities and your reach and engagement.
September - November | Your key priorities
Your key priorities help inform our national work. We will be asking you what areas you're focusing on in the upcoming year.
9-12 November | Healthwatch Week
Our annual conference is a great opportunity for you to hear from key speakers across the health and social care sector, learn from other local Healthwatch and network with others across the country.